Evangelization and Missionary Discipleship Coordinator
Parish Vitality and Mission
Cardinal Meyer Center
3525 S. Lake Park Ave.
Chicago, IL 60653-1402
As a member of a team, the Evangelization and Missionary Discipleship Coordinator advances the Archdiocesan plan for Evangelization and Missionary Discipleship in the Archdiocese of Chicago with a particular focus on the Renew My Church initiative. Collaborates with Parish Vitality Coordinators (PVCs) and Lifelong Formation Coordinators (LFCs) in the vicariates and serves as a resource to parish transformation teams, evangelization commissions, parish councils, parish staffs, and other offices in their efforts to establish and enhance evangelization and missionary discipleship efforts for their communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works as a member of the Evangelization and Missionary Discipleship team to implement diocesan-wide initiatives, which could include special events, speaker series, and “soft evangelization” undertakings.
- Assists other Archdiocesan offices with evangelization resources to help them look at their ministries through the lens of evangelization.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of new Evangelization and Missionary Discipleship processes and resources.
- In collaboration with the PVCs and LFCs, provides support and resources for the vicariate-specific evangelization plans.
- Conducts and coordinates vicariate-level training and capability-building (e.g., through vicariate commissions and parish groupings).
- Working with the PVCs and LFCs, helps to foster collaboration between parishes within the vicariate.
- Serves as a consultant to parishes in fostering best practices for evangelization and missionary discipleship.
- Helps parishes conduct vitality self-assessments with the lens of evangelization, coaching parishes and holding them accountable for their goals of mission vitality.
- Follows up on parish evangelization goals and strategies as outlined in their individual parish plans to assess progress and provide support.
- Links the resources of the Office of Evangelization and Missionary Discipleship to parish needs.
- Coordinate and implement the Office’s communications plan – website content development, social media opportunities, e-newsletter, and radio show.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director.
Bachelor’s degree. 3+ years of ministry experience, preferably at the parish level. Ability to facilitate and conduct open dialogue with groups. Strong decision-making skills and demonstrable good judgment. Excellent project management skills with proven ability to implement successful programs. Good listener with curiosity and openness to learn from others. Excellent communicator – written, verbal, and interpersonal. Team player with conflict resolution skills. Organized, creative, and flexible. Ability to relate at multiple ecclesial levels: parish, deanery, vicariate, Archdiocesan and departmental. Microsoft Office skills, including working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint programs. Understanding and support for Catholic Church teaching, missions, and values. Hiring preference will be given to candidates who are Catholic. Participation in diocesan, national or local initiatives that focus on areas of parish excellence, pastoral leadership, evangelization, discipleship, etc. preferred. Participation in Parish Transformation as a parishioner, staff member, or facilitator. Lay Ecclesial Ministry experience preferred.
If you are interested in being considered for this opening, please visit the list of open positions on AppliTrack. Please complete a letter of interest, a profile, or submit your resume.
Thank you for your interest in the Archdiocese of Chicago.